Monday, August 05, 2013

Class 2B from Class 3 (SSDC): Practical Lesson 5 Session 1 (Night)

Had a 1 week break because there wasn't much night lessons for a fortnight after my last lessons.

It was my first time on the road for riding a motorcycle. Before we start the lesson, our instructor gave us a lengthy briefing. This is because, in my opinion, it will be difficult to teach us while on the road. We were briefed on:
1. 6 bikes form up before exiting the school compound, be sure to stop at the line even there isn't any vehicles.
2. Lane changing to throttle up when changing.
3. Maximum speed on road shall follow all on road speed limit.
4. U-turn with wide divider and narrow divider has different approach in turning.
5. Safety distance to be observed.
6. We should be careful when approaching the filter lanes.

Our group was pretty big so we got split up into 2 groups. Before we move off, we had to secure rain-wears on our motorcycle. Since we have to ride on road, we need to switch to high beam. All checks on lights and fuel gauge has to be done, to avoid unnecessary undesirable situations on road.

Off we go! Its a very nerve wreaking experience riding for the first time at night, even for a experience driver like me. A wrong mistake and wrong judgement can put me into a spot that many won't want to be in. There are 2 instructors guiding each group, one would lead, the other would teach. Off and on, I had made mistakes here and there, but overall I was trying my best to be consistent.

When riding into the right turn pocket, we have to position into the middle of the pocket, not too right or left. Safety distance shall be observe at all times! Don't chase the person in front.

At one point of time, a taxi behind me sound off his horn. I wasn't hogging the lane anyway!

The instructors told us all of us weren't that good, but some of us had been consistently demonstrating good riding, hence I passed this lesson on the first night run!

Next lesson will be after the National Day! Happy holidays to all who are reading this! Selamat Hari Raya!

No comments: